Friday, August 7, 2009

First Official Day Back

Today was my first official day back to work at my "real" job. For those of you who don't know, I am an elementary art teacher. I teach at two different schools so this time of the year is very busy between meetings and getting my rooms set up. This is my fourth year teaching. It is exciting to be at the point where I really feel like I know what I'm doing :0) I think back to my first year and how nervous I was (it didn't help that I got my job a week before school started!). I remember thinking wow, they are really trusting me with all these kids...all by myself! It was a bit overwhelming, but great! Things have gotten much easier over the years and I really love what I do! The vacations aren't bad either. The students don't come back until next Thursday, I'm sure I'll have some stories to share with you all about them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment